Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Covid-19 \Coronavirus

Do you know what the Coronavirus\Covid-19 is? 
Well, I’m going to tell you what I think it is.
Firstly I am going to talk about the 3 stages of
  1. You get a cold then you get better, 
  2. Next, you get the flu then you get better, 
  3. And finally, you get Pneumonia which out of
  4. all is the worst because it is a liquid on the lungs
  5. making it hard to breath
Secondly, I will talk about some of the
statistics I have researched how many
people have died and how many people have
gotten ill and recovered. World wide 1,684,833
have been confirmed and 375,499 have
recovered and sadly 102,136 people have
died from COVID-19. In New Zealand there
are 1,283 confirmed cases, 373 people have
recovered and 4 people have sadly passed
away as they happened to be elderly. 

Now I would like to tell you about what our leader
Jacinda Ardern has done for New Zealand. She
shut the borders to certain people from other
countries and if you did come here you would
have to go into self-isolation for 2 weeks.
She has started shutting down school’s and
now we are in a 4-week lockdown.

New Zealand and the world will be changed forever
because of this virus but we don't know what
extent yet. But what I do know is people will either
still, be the same or a little more cautious than
before this happened.

When I first heard about the Coronavirus I
didn't take any notice of it. Then it started to
get a bit worse and I got a little bit worried like
my parents so I started watching the news with them
. When it got even worse my parents took me and
my siblings out of school. I was super
sad because I had to leave school so me and my
friends spent the whole day together.
Now it is super bad everyone has to stay home
because we are all in lockdown and we are only

allowed out if we are getting essentials.

Now here is my message to you. Please stay home
unless you need to go out for essentials. Be kind
to others when you are shopping and don’t take
everything in the shop. Keep in touch with as
many people as you can because we are all in
this together!!!  

This didn't take that long because I had a bit of help
from my Mum and Dad
What your reaction to the COVID-19 when you first
heard about it and what did your parents tell you?



5 comments:

  1. Hi Karanui, How are you finding quarantine school? I am enjoying reading what the class has been up to. Do you think learning all the facts helped to ease your worry? It did in our house. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone back in class when this is all over.
    - Whaea Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same i also lolk forward to seeing u in class

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora Karanui, You have done a very good explanation of what you know about the Covid19 virus. You have researched well and used what you have found out well in your explanation. What resource did you get most of your information from? Its great to hear you worked with Mum and Dad on this and I liked the message you left for all of us to think about.
    Na Mrs Stevenson

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a positive, thoughtful and helpful comment.